The Restaurant and Kung Pao Chicken
"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Field Trip to the Hutongs
This next two weeks is the trial run for the Olympics next year. This means that we actually get to see the sky in Beijing. In order to fully enjoy the fresh air, we decided to go on a walk to some of the only Hutongs left in Beijing and location to one of Dan's favorite restaurants. He used to go here everyday for lunch. What is a Hutong? A Hutong is a bunch of small cement huts attached together row after row. Beijing used to be full of them, and now there are only a few neighborhoods left. We chose to dine on sprite, fried green beans, kung pao chicken, rice, and another green vegetable dish that Dan likes. Not bad for five bucks! On the way back home Dan had to stop at his favorite ice cream shop for something sweet.
The Restaurant and Kung Pao Chicken

Ice Cream Parlor (I have to say Dan sure looks great in a blue shirt)
The Restaurant and Kung Pao Chicken
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ash (this is Chelsea Mahuika), I love your blog, this is going to be great. By the way, I can't believe you live in a hotel. Looks like a dang nice hotel at that.
By the way, my favorite part of your blog, might be where you list your height and weight.
Hey Ash, That food looks so good. I love Chinese food and I bet it's so much better over there. And I agree, Dan looks great in blue. I feel the same about Matt in red. We're really going to miss you guys next week. I love reading blogs so I'm so excited you guys have one. Now I'll know all about your exciting life in Beijing.
Post a Comment