"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday Dinner

We were able to have two couples over for dinner tonight, they each have one kid so it wasn't too crazy. I wanted to make pot roast but the one expat grocery store was out, and I went to another high scale chinese grocery store that usually has good meat, but they didn't have any either. This was at 6:00 pm last night, and I couldn't change the meal, so after walking up and down the meat isle for about 10 minutes I decided my best bet would be Roasted Chicken. The only problem is they sell them with the head and feet still attached. I wasn't interested in buying them that way and doing the dirty job myself, so I explained to the butcher in the best Chinese I could, to cut off the head and feet and clean out the guts inside. He was able to figure it out and the chicken turned out pretty good.

We got to drive the company van today because China, in an effort to clean up the air, is taking half the cars off the road for a week. Above is a shot of Dan driving our friends home after dinner. How the car test works is if your license plate ends in an even number you drive on the even days, if its odd you drive on the odd days. Luckily we have two company cars, one ends in an even number and one in an odd. The government is running the factories on these days and thought just maybe if they took half the cars off the road they'd reach a situation good enough to keep the factories running during the Olympics. Well folks looking at the picture below what do you think?

5 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Ash---ah the memories of China. I love your blog. I told you guys months ago people would love to see something like this! Too bad you can't see your own blog half the time--thanks China.

Keep the posts coming. Beautiful jewelry by the way.

Levi said...

Hey, it looks pretty there. Do you have to turn your flashlights on during the day?

Anonymous said...

I happened upon your blog via M.A.'s blog. Great to see/hear from you! You look great. Godspeed over there.
-Erin

blindblogger said...

Erin how's it going. Get yourself over here for a documentary.

Anonymous said...

Ash, Dan look so NATURAL on the Yoga.. It is so smoggy there. I can't believe you bought a whole chicken...