"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Day By Myself

Dan's in Shanghai for a couple days. His 3 bosses from San Diego met him there and then they will be here Saturday night. Seeing as I've been wanting to get my hair straighened, and I actually heard of a place that may be able to do a good job, I thought today was a great day to do it. I got there at 10:00. The last time I had this done was in Hong Kong, they really didn't do a very good job of getting it straight. These guys, however, hit it right on target. The only problem is it took them over 4 hours to do it. The guy was totally meticulous. At the end he wanted to give me a trim and seeing as he did such a great job on the first part I thought I'd give him a shot. He did a decent job! I'm so excited because I've been waiting 6 months-1 year between hair cuts to wait for my sister-in-law to cut my hair. Now I have a fall back. It helped my confidence to see he had his credentials hanging on the wall, including a completed Vidal Sasson training course in Shanghai. About halfway through the cut I realized I didn't know his name. I was really hoping for something with personality. After the cut I found out his name was Rocky.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Funny that you write about Shep today because I've been writing a post about that salon....still in the editing process.

Chelsea said...

Let's see some pics of the new do.

S. Schuller said...

Is Shep still in Provo? That guy was like no other! Ash, I want to see pictures of your hair...it sounds very stylish. And, Rocky? That is a great name. What a funny story.

Chelsea said...

Yes, Shep is still in Provo. His dad was my OB. They are total opposites.

Shep has lost sooo much weight too. He is a rail...he looks a little too skinny.

blindblogger said...

Hillarious. You stay in the fam. They may be different but you can count on quality service huh?