I had an ultrasound two days ago and found out at 29 weeks my baby is 1.4 kl or 3 lbs. Both my doctor and the lady doing the ultrasound said, "Wo you have a big baby." I'm wondering is this because they are Chinese, or is my baby on track to be a 10 pounder? The average at 29 weeks (from babycenter.com) is 2 1/2 lbs, so I'm half a pound over. How much is that in the scheme of 2 1/2 months? I ate a lot of carbs last month including cold cereal, ice cream, a lot of banana bread (they make it fresh for breakfast every morning so I take a couple with me to work), peanut butter and jam, french bread and jam, cinnamon rolls, etc. This month it's Atkins for this baby. I'm cutting out all sweets and a lot of carbs, no more jam on toast and no more making cinnamon rolls. I made some wheat bread yesterday to have with a poached egg for breakfast, so I started off the morning with that and had a yogurt. For lunch a chicken sandwich (tuna fish like) with tomato, cucumber and if you can believe it beets. The Aussies put beets on everything including their burgers. McDonald's has a burger called the McAussie that includes beets. I thought I'd give it a try. For dinner we had a delicious salad that my friend TirZah once made for me.
10 comments:
That sounds delicious Ashley. I never thought of beets on a hamburger. I love beets though. That is so funny about the big baby thing. It might be the size difference in the Chinese. Do you always make your own bread? I need to do that more. You inspired me today. Thanks.
You can't get good bread here unless you make it. We bought a bread machine so I mix it in there and then bake it. It works out pretty good.
anytime the doctors tell me how much my baby weighs while i'm pregnant...its always a little off once the baby's born anyway. i wouldn't be too worried about it..especially with 2+ months to go. and even if you have a ten pounder...then great! it will be a nice big healthy baby!
Ash--do not stress about this. They delivered maddie a week early because they thought she was going to be over 9 pounds. She weighed 7 pounds 3 ounces. And I was getting ultrasounds every week until the twins' birth and even the higher level ultrasounds were off on the weight. So go eat some bread and enjoy every bit of it.
Thanks for the comments. Its good to know they were so wrong on Maddie. I was wondering how they can tell with just an ultrasound anyway.
I should know this, but why are you in China? (I'm the long lost Fielding cousin. I don't know anything.)
My husband Dan works for a real estate company. Glad you got on!
Ultrasounds can be up to a pound or so off. Cutting back on sugar definitely helps, especially toward the end. I ate a banana split every night the last couple months of my 1st pregnancy and had a 9 pounder. I Stayed away from sugar the next time around and had a 6 lb 14 ounce baby. Max was a week late and Ian was born on time (to be fair), but I really think cutting back on sugar made a difference. Do you think they could have your due date wrong?
No chance they have my due date wrong. What do you mean by cutting back on sugar? Did you eat no sugar, some, how about honey?
Sorry, I should have been more specific. It is impossible to stay away from all sugar. I just avoided treats. Ice cream, candy, cookies, desserts, etc. I still put honey on my toast and ate carbs, I just tried to stick to whole grains, fruit, veg., etc. I even ate the occasional sweet, just not every day like I did with Max.
Post a Comment