"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

You're It

My newest sister-in-law tagged me. Check out their blog at www.davidandkelseybarber.blogspot.com

1. 10 Years ago: I was shocked to see Kelsey was still in 5th grade! I was just finishing up my Senior year, taking classes at Columbia Basin College and spending most of my time in the math tutoring center with my Vietnamese tutor Ho. One of the guys called him Po, not Ho. When I asked why he said, "How would you like to be called Ho?"

2. Things on my to do list today:
  • Exercise on the elliptical done
  • Go to the Pearl Market and get my other sister-in-law's pearls for her wedding. done
  • Wash and put away at least 2 batches of laundry(one load takes 4 hours) in process
  • Wash all of the dishes sitting there from yesterday (no dishwasher here) half done
  • Take a nap not yet
  • Go to Mutual not yet
  • Go grocery shopping after mutual not yet
3. What would I do if I were suddenly made a Billionaire: I wouldn't be too hasty to change my current spending habits/standards, and I would research ways to make my money grow and think about how I could best use it. I would definitely make sure I lived in a house that I loved with a big wood shop to make different items. I'd hire someone to teach me how to make stuff.
4. 3 of my bad habits:
  • Not paying close enough attention during conversations
  • Being too careless with projects
  • Making Dan do my dirty work for me (like telling our driver my schedule because I don't like to talk to him)
5. 3 places I have lived:
  • Spanish Fork, Utah
  • Canton, Michigan
  • Hong Kong, China
6. 5 jobs that I have had: (Some of you may be thinking, wo she's had 5 jobs? Yes I have.)
  • Janitor for my dad's office
  • Student Consultant on Learning at BYU (observed Profs and gave them feedback)
  • Receptionist at The KPM Group
  • 6-7th grade Teacher Payson Middle School
  • 8th grade Teacher at the International School of Beijing
7. 5 things people don't know about me:
  • I have more than an inny for a belly button. In my life I haven't been able to see the bottom, no matter how hard I've poked around, until now! This is the first time I've known for sure that the skin actually closes off down there and isn't just a hole all the way through to my tummy. For reals.
  • I'm a repeat Clark's customer http://www.clarks.co.uk/home.aspx
  • I'm not so into hobbies, but more into the people I do the hobbies with.
  • I memorized and recited 100 lines of Shakespeare in front of my Shakespeare class at BYU
  • I'm the VP of Steve Haberman's Fan Club and his agent here in Beijing
I tag Mary Ann, and you'll have to tell me your blog address again so I can go check out your responses.

6 comments:

Jan said...

You have more like an infinity belly button. That is so funny. I had no idea you had that many jobs under you. Thats great. Your very ambitious today as well. Is it a bad habit to have our husbands do the dirty work? I will maybe have to consider a bad habit I have then. Do you still remember the Shakespeare lines?

Anonymous said...

Funniest thing about Ho.
Hey, maryann's is www.scovilles.blogspot.com.

Kelsey, if you read this your blog won't let me comment because I am anoymous, but I enjoy reading it.

[M] said...

Ha, Ha, do you seriously still keep in touch with steve haberman? That's funny.

blindblogger said...

Yeah he wanted me to get him a gig here in Beijing.

Laura said...

ASH--
How could you not list the best job ever? The job that put you in everyday phone contact with Cornhole? That was a horrible job, wasn't it.

Kelsey & David Barber said...

Ashley thanks for filling that out- it was fun to read! I am going to have to check out that clarks website. You have been doing awesome on your blog!