
My mom got here Saturday night and I knew we had to get to the Great Wall before this baby came out. So, we rode a cable car to the top and hiked down it on Monday. Then we got home in the afternoon and my mom went in her room to rest. I sat at the computer to check e-mail and I started to feel myself sway back and forth. I thought I was fainting, then the windows started making noises. I asked my mom if she felt it and she did so we called Dan and went to his office building where all people were evacuating their buildings. We felt the aftershock of the earthquake in China. Ours in Beijing was 3.9 magnitude. The next morning I woke up feeling light contractions. I was scheduled to work that day so I went and my mom came with me. I was doing secretary stuff so she helped out. We got done at 2 pm and then we went to lunch. I didn't eat a ton the contractions were still coming. Then we went to get her hair cut at Rocky to kill time. After that we did some shopping and then Dan met us for a foot massage. After the foot massage things really got going for me. We went to a pizza place for dinner and after my mom and Dan ate I was in real pain. We got to the hospital, and I was given an epidural right away. 4 1/2 hours later he was born.
Tate Daniel Haslam
2920 g
2.920 kg
6.5 lbs
50 cm
The winner of the guessing contest is my nephew Henry. His guess was May 11th at 12:40 pm. He deserves it in my opinion because he had the earliest guess!
6 comments:
I don't know if you can read this or not, but I am really happy for you. Your baby is beautiful and I love the name Tate. I'm just sad I did not wil. Next time you com eto the US let me know before and I will try to plan a trip home so I can see you guys.
Oh Ashley. Congrats to you.
So sweet and you were an adorable pregnant lady! Glad to hear you and yours are ok.
Hello! Found you through Jan...congrats on your baby boy! He is so handsome! Glad you are all safe and well.
Jan is spreading the news in the US about this beautiful baby that caused the earth to shake. Had to check it out.
Congrats! He is beautiful and true to Barber/Fielding form you worked when most would be relaxing at the very end of a pregnancy and while having contractions.
Enjoy being a mommy!
Tami Mathews
Yay! He is gorgeous! How nice to have your mom there for all of this! I hope it was a good experience and that you are doing well! Good luck!
Post a Comment