Now that I'm back in the big land, as the Hong Kong people call China, I'm back to blogging. We had a great vacation back home with the families. We started in San Diego for Dan's brother's wedding, and ended in Pasco for some great golf (Dan) and family relationship building (Dan, Ash, and Tate). Pictures to come later I don't have my cord with me.
Now we are in the process of moving into a new apartment, that is a five minute walk from Dan's building. We had a great year in the Westin Hotel, but there comes a point in one's life where camping out in a five star hotel becomes roughing it. For the first time in our married lives we are moving into a brand new place, buying our "own" furniture and setting up shop. It feels great. The complex has a beautiful indoor pool, playground and GRASSSS!!!!!!! You don't see a lot of that around China. Thanks to the Paraolympic folk we are enjoying a few more days of nice weather before returning to Hades. Tate and I have been enjoying this by taking walks outside to play in the grass, water fountain, and on the Toys.
Last night we got take out from a great Indian restaurant that just opened up next to us, and Dan's building cafeteria just opened. They sell Western food as well as Chinese. We're enjoying it all.
Some great things about life in this new apartment:
I get a full sized fridge!
I get a separate W/D almost as big as those ones you have back home
3 bed and bath
Big pantry
What we've learned and taken from the Suite Life:
All white linens and towels
Uniform garbage cans for all the rooms
That's about all for now. Tate just woke up to play so that will be all for today. Tune in tomorrow for some photos of the new place.
No comments:
Post a Comment