"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Neighborly Visit


Our landlord and family came for a visit today. He gave us 4 small crabs. I went to open the box after and thought they were probably alive, so I passed the job on to Dan. Alive, but tied up so no clawing. Our landlord explained to his son when they came into the apartment, "See, foreigners like things clean and simple." We gave their 8 year old boy a pumpkin treat from my candle jar. He was eager to try but spit it out after the first bite. I'm sure he's saying right now, "That candy tasted like a candle."

2 comments:

[M] said...

careful! you have to drop the crab live into the boiling water. if it dies first don't eat it. they (and lobsters) are toxic if you don't put them into the boiling water alive...which is why you see tanks of live ones or already cooked red ones.

blindblogger said...

Thanks for letting me know!