Two days ago Dan and I went on a date. He needed to go to the other side to a meeting, and I had to get some groceries. We drove together with Lao Zhang and left Tate at home with Eileen. While driving, we passed by this building that went up in flames the last night of Chinese New Year. I don't think a day is going to make much difference for this structure. 
"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
What a difference a day makes. . .
There are some sayings that are just true no matter how cliche. When I had my fever last week I kept telling myself over and over, as I felt like I was going to die, what a difference a day makes , and sure enough the next day I felt remarkably better and the following day almost completely better. I guess when a day or two or three don't make a difference, that's when you know it's really bad.
The building was a hotel and designed by the same Starchitect who did this one, which they/we are calling "The Big Underpants," because it has two legs. It is a shame the Chinese engineers couldn't get the vents on the outside of the building to at least look like they made some kind of pattern. I'm sure Rem Koolhass is not pleased with this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Man, that first building looks pretty sad. I'm glad you're feeling better. I called your mom today to see if a guy from my ward could stay with them while he interviews at some law firms in the Tri-Cities. It was great to talk to her. Miss you.
Wow. I can't believe it didn't' collapse!
Glad you are feeling better!!
Post a Comment