"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Celebrations

We had a great Easter at the Suite with 4 couples and dinner. Originally, we planned for the YSA to come. Yesterday late afternoon, we found another couple scheduled them, and they asked us if we could switch, so Saturday night I scrambled to find people willing to join us in celebrating Easter. I explained to the first couple I was sorry it was short notice but the YSA were supposed to come. . .in the middle Dan called across the room "Don't tell them that." After I got off the phone I told him I had to give reason why I was inviting so late. He suggeted I let them figure it out on their own, which was probably good advice. I did tell them we'd been wanting to have them over for a while. . . I find the more explaining I do, the bigger hole I dig. Less talk more rock, as my 6th grade teacher used to say.
We had for the menu:
Appetizers:
Veggie Tray with Ranch Dressing (Ranch Dressing is special around here)
Deviled Eggs (Chef Paul)
Olives with Pits
(I bought these accidently but discovered they're much better than olives without pits)
I feel olives are an Easter staple. We used to put them on each of our fingers and eat them one by one. But I don't know, olive press/olives I just feel like it's symbolic and a good thing to have on Easter.
Main Course:
Ham
Dinner Rolls (Chef Paul)
Carla's Baked Beans
Cheesy Potatoes
Cabbage Ramen Salad
The first Easter Dan and I spent together I remember making Ham, twice baked potatoes, mandarin orange salad, and cabbage ramen salad. In deciding which salad to make I chose cabbage ramen in memory of our first Easter together.
Dessert:
Chocolate Bundt Cake
Fruit Pizza
We also listened to conference which set a great tone for the day. Tate is not feeling great so he was a bit cranky, but the social animal he is loved having visitors, especially the two other babies. Here's to many more Easter celebrations!

2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

I have been missing China more then usual lately and all your posts aren't helping. Wish we could have joined you :). I actually tried a new recipe for Easter dinner and LOVED it. I was rubbing spices on the meat (for my first time ever) remembering that I'd seen you do the same thing and thought you were so fancy and gourmet--and you are! Are there still tons of blue skies?? Maybe I will consider getting back there sooner then later--if I can just get over that plane ride...

Unknown said...

YUM! I wish I could have come. It sounds delish!