"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Friday, April 3, 2009

The Forbidden City

I've been waiting to enter the Forbidden City with Mark and Kathy. This was my first time!
The front gate with Chairman MaoThe big pot is a fire hydrant. It was gold plated but scraped off by soliders in 1900The bedroom of the Emperor Symbolic animalsOur tour guide David was a gem. We loved that he wore a yellow coat so we could spot him easily.Hatsune for lunchPedicure after that
That was one great day!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Ash, after I have this baby, I need to go on the Chinese diet so I can be as skinny as you. I don't think my bones are as small as yours, but I'll give it a shot.

[M] said...

what amazing pictures. such an interesting place.

Laura said...

jeremy might have to go to china for work. I'll have to come along so you can entertain me. But i don't know if I can hike for 2 hours. You'll have to leave me and Tate at the bottom.

Christy said...

I so wish we could come see all these cool places in person. It looks so fun!