Sunday-We had the YSA over for dinner. If they tell you 15 it will be 5 if they tell you 10 it will be 20. We had 20. A handful stayed until 10:30 pm playing games. At one point I turned around to see this guy needled up. He's having leg problems so the Korean girls here studying Chinese medicine acupunctured him. Do you see the needle coming out of his head?
Monday-First I cleaned the house. Second I gave some ladies in the branch a tour of the bead market. Third we had the above guy and his roommate Joel, along with an old bachelor in the branch over for dinner and FHE. Dan was really stretching me at this point. But I have to take care of these guys they brought my boots back for me. The old bachelor works for Microsoft, he's a former emergency preparedness guy and he got me all fired up about swine flu. Joel is engaged with a finance back in London. After the bachelor left, Joel really let it out about how he didn't want to die before he got married.... This guy really scared us. Joel and Jamie stayed to play Settlers. Sunday night Jamie won, Monday Dan won. They don't know that Dan always lets you win the first time.
Tuesday-The next morning I ran to Walmart, got 3 shopping carts full of food and supplies (luckily I had my driver to call when I checked out. He took the cart and I went back for more). Then I came home and cleaned out my pantry and stocked it up.
Wednesday-Tate and I are going to play at Catherine's.
Thursday-H&M 2nd store grand opening 10 am. Should I or shouldn't I be the first 100? A Blazeard is in town. In the afternoon I'm meeting her and her friends at the Pearl Market to show them my vendors. Always help a fellow Blazeard in need.
I've found an easy substitute for Apple pie.
Apple Crisp:
4 c. apples peeled and sliced
1/4 t. salt
2 t. cinnamon
1/4 c. water
place in 8x8 dish.
1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. flour
1/3 c. butter
mix together with your hands or pastry cutter until the flour is mixed into the butter. Sprinkle on top and bake at 350 F 175 c for 1 hour.
This is so easy I made it for both dinners this week.
6 comments:
Ash, your life is crazy. You are like your Mom. I'm busy for two days in a row and I'm pooped, stressed, cranky and refuse to go anywhere. I need to be more like you. I know what you mean about battles. This week has been my toughest in a LONG time. Super Sat doesn't help. I'm barely staying afloat. I have to admire you, I would have drowned in Bejing A LONG time ago!
I agree with Heather on this one! Sometimes it's nice to stay busy but so many days in a row is exhausting- so good job! I am totally like you when we go golfing. My goal is always to hit the ball and make it float in the air. Sounds like you guys are having fun. Only like 3 more weeks! Tate is so cute too- I would take pictures of him =)
Heather I am pooped and stressed. That is why it's hard for me to decided what to chose. Tate is not good alone with me in the apartment. It's almost as bad, but getting out is so hard.
Dan, Don't tell me you're working on your game. That is weak. Last year you came out without any practice.
I shot an 82 last friday. That is my record. I'm hitting Pinnacle FX longs. I don't care about Soft. I want hard.
Sorry about last year Barber Championship. I got lucky, I'll admit that.
Ash, this post is hilarious for a number of reasons that I don't have time to list. I think my favorite was the Bleazard line.
Tate is so cute. I can't believe how much hair he has...I'm so jealous. That little Chinese girl is adorable too.
Thanks for the recipe! Tate is looking so old.
Post a Comment