"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Beijing Ride

This morning everyone in this family had a bike helmet except me. Today we went out to get me a helmet. First, I had to pump up my tires.
I don't usually take blank shots of strangers, but this guy had about 10 shooters surrounding him and didn't seem to mind, so I took a shot too. Then a guy started taking shots of me. In the glass you can see me taking a shot of this man, and another guy shooting me. I saw these light shades in a restaurant passing by that match our Coastal Asian design scheme. I wanted to ask if I could buy them, Dan told me they wouldn't sell them. Well it turns out they will for about 20 dollars a piece. I really would like them a little smaller. They said they could order some for me, but through experience I've learned you don't always get what you order here. I might have to keep looking.We were really lucky to get this helmet for 100 RMB, about 15 dollars. I wanted the pink and white one, but that was 20 dollars more.We found Beijing's Big and Tall store.
If you can believe it, today we discovered new shopping streets I had never explored. It was great, and I can't wait to go again when I come back in July.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

my life seems so dull when I read your blog. maybe we should relocate.