Tate and I are worked into a routine. Tuesday we have preschool at a friend's house in our Branch, Thursday is play group. Monday is P-day. This is a day where I try not to think about, hang out with or talk to people from the Branch. It is a good regrouping day for me and helps me to take inventory of what I can meet people to go do and what I can't meet people to go do--as I mentioned before meeting someone anywhere in Beijing takes quite a while. I really love to get out, but the traffic takes its toll on me and Tate as well. Wednesday and Friday are days to meet people to do stuff or days to run errands like grocery shop, appointments, etc. Saturday am, is time to hang out while Dan studies. Saturday pm is field trip to somewhere in the city. Sunday is Church and then sometimes we will have people over for dinner.
I just found out I'll be able to accompany Dan to Singapore again in October. This is great news. Overall, it may seem like we're always bouncing around, but realistically life is the same here as it is elsewhere. Not all moments are fun, and there is frequently a lot of effort put in to push through the days. I'm feeling pretty blessed about my time here in Beijing. I feel like I've been taught how to better create a productive day. We had our Gospel Doctrine teacher over for dinner, and he mentioned how creating something is preceded by persistent, concerted, intense effort. That was food for thought. I think living here in China has helped me learn how to create a happy, productive day. Here's to having the strength to keep it going on.
No comments:
Post a Comment