"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Adventures






1. Tate and I took Dan to the Zoo on Monday.  We tried to find new adventures this time. Tate got a chance to feed the Giraffe.

2. We took Dan to Sentosa Island, and he rode the luge with Tate 3 times and took the ski lift back to the top.

3. We took Dan on the Hippo River Boat Tour, he enjoyed the relaxation.  Dan is learning MBA school is not so different from High School in many regards.  Last week they held a ballot to choose the activities committee for their class.  Out of 90 students 5 were chosen to plan activities for when they meet together next year and for graduation.  An East Indian student came out with a full color copy flyer of himself in front of an airplane and a slogan that read something like, "Vote for me and we will soar to the heights."  Dan voted for him, but he didn't win.  The 5 who won were basically the same people who had already been planning after hours get togethers at the bars and so forth.  I guess people were really making fun of the East Indian guy.  Then a Chinese Singaporean was complaining to Dan about the unfair demographics.  He complained, "There's no Chinese, no Indians or no Malay [among the 5 chosen]."  Hearing this story took me back to my Jr. year when John Cox campaigned for Prom King.  He had campaign managers and color coated photos that read, "Vote for John Cox, It's the American thing to do."  The difference there is he won.  Maybe the East Indian had the wrong guy running his show.    

4. We ate at a Mexican restaurant by the river which we decided had the best nachos Dan and I have tried together.  We're always a little skeptical of Mexican restaurants living here in Asia, so we thought we'd try the nachos and move to another place for main course.  The nachos were so good we decided to stay.  They had stir fried snap peas, peppers and onions that had such amazing flavor you didn't notice that snap peas shouldn't be on nachos.  Then they had guacamole, sour cream, good refried beans and the right amount of cheese.  I had an enchilada that was also great.  It was covered in a homemade tomato sauce that almost tasted Italian.  I would try to duplicate, but I know I would fail.  Compliments to the chef.

1 comment:

Kerolann said...

I love all the pictures and the posts--looks like a fun trip and fun Halloween. We can't wait to see you all next month! When you guys know for sure when you will be in SD, let us know.