"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Monday, February 7, 2011

Travelin' Along, Singin' A Song

Tate got a bike today from Joe--Dave's driver.  He gave it to him for Chinese New Year.  Tate was pretty excited and pushed me to assemble it before Dan got home, even though I had to take several breaks because of frustration, and I thought I could never do it.  Always feels great to do something you thought you couldn't do.

We had lasagna for dinner (gluten free).  Those gf noodles aren't bad.  Just don't boil them.  Stack em' up and let the oven do the cooking.  Then we had a lesson: obey.  Then we played Elefun.  Tate had a great time playing that.  Then we had ice cream, brownie and chocolate sauce, then Tate went to bed.  Dan has the routine down pat.  BOM-one other book-songs-prayer.  Tate will call out the songs one after one and is pretty good at singing along.  The regulars are: Hello ___ Will You Stand Up. . ., Give Said The Little Stream, and I Love To See the Temple.  Those are the ones he asks for every night.

He had a couple moments today where he got in trouble, and he was holding back the tears so as not to be seen crying.  That was pretty cute and gets me every time.  He had a semi-rough day with a lot of poddy accidents and overall feeling of not having enough fun.  Still it's great to have him around, and I frequently stop what I'm doing to read or play or whatever with him, because something keeps telling me this isn't going to last--soak it in.  Here's hoping tomorrow we soak more fun and less pee.

1 comment:

Kerolann said...

Thanks for sharing your potty training adventures--I really need some encouragement and motivation to start with Addie.

Good job putting the bike together--can't wait to see a picture.