"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Enjoying the Goodness

Last night Dan and I went on a date.  It started yesterday after morning send off when Tate cried, "Look for Daddy, look for Daddy."  That means he wants me to go over to the window and watch Dan leave.  As I saw the man walk out of the gates and on to work, I noticed in his steps a heavy, heavy load.  Being unable to handle a load is not characteristic of Dan, but he's just back from an intense week, playing catch up with work and spending time with Tate and me.  Plus yesterday he was starting to get sick.  I decided to take action and arrange for the Oriental Taipan Foot Massage.  Miya came to babysit, I got reservations for two lady masseurs and at 6:30 pm off we were.  During the evening I tried to eliminate talking about things worrying me--which is what we usually talk about on dates.  It was a night about Dan and a night to enjoy.  Today he told me thanks, and that he felt like back when we were dating again.  That reminded me I need to take more moments to set aside my worries and enjoy Life with Dan.  I can tell you what, we both really needed that last night.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

I really wish I could hire two lady masseurs, but I'm pretty sure that would cost 200 dollars here in the US. Good for you for taking the time. Dating takes an effort, that's for sure.

Levi said...

It takes a REALLY GOOD wife to even notice the heavy load....good job Ash. I tried a new salad dressing and its my new favorite...even beats cafe rio for me. Google cheesecake factory sante fe salad dressing....and I put in only 2 cloves of garlic instead of 3...the bomb!

The Johnsons said...

I'm so glad you are taking good care of Dan while Kurt is away :)

I am sure missing those massages!

It was great to talk the other day, which reminds me we never finished the rest of our conversation. I will look for you on skype this weekend. Maybe my Sunday evening, your monday morning? You can even answer in your robe--I won't laugh at you. :)