I've really enjoyed being able to spend so much time with Tate. He has a little white bike he rides out to the playground, and he likes to hold my hand while he rides it. So one time I started singing to him, "I wanna hold your hand. . ." One day he demanded I give him my hand while he was riding, then after I did he calmed down and started singing on his own, "I wanna hold your hand. . ."
Yesterday before Church he got out his Toy Story Connect Four. He looked at me while he was setting it up on the carpet and said, "Mommy, you can't play this game, this is for boys and its for daddies." Incidentally, moms work just fine as partners when dads aren't around.
We tell Tate he looks sharp after he gets ready for Church. One day I called out, "Where's my guys? Its time to go!" He yelled back, "We're getting sharp." Yesterday he was on a no mom roll. Dan brought him into our bathroom to comb his hair, and I was already in there getting ready. Tate said, "No! We're sharping, you get out."
Is that a cute kid or what? His chores are unload the silverware and water the plants. He's a routine guy and its working out okay. We're going to start giving an allowance of 3 dollars each week per the advice of the author Money Doesn't Grow On Trees.
No comments:
Post a Comment