"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Monday, December 12, 2011

32



I haven't blogged for a while.  Here are some up to date facts.  Tate got stitches 3 weeks ago.  He jumped off the chair and landed on the floor.  There were 7 stitches, and we took him to a local hospital nearby because it happened at rush hour and going to the expat hospital would've taken us 2 + hours at that time.  They healed up really nicely.  Mark Griffith, a member of our Branch, got a good picture of the leftover scar at our Christmas party.  Here also is Tate singing with the primary next to his friend Noah.  Tate figured since he's a Sunbeam in January he would join the primary kids in their singing.  We sang about 5 songs and after he said, "Now Jingle Bells" really loud and that made everyone laugh.  He started throwing up last night so we're staying home from preschool today which is great.  I don't have to take a taxi all the way across town--it is our car's day off.  Dan left 4 new scarves a necklace/bracelet set and a card on my desk for me to wake up to.  And my tailor is coming today with my nativity costumes he is making for me, a jean skirt and two blazers.  A really great birthday if you ask me.  The sky's are clear in Beijing today and things are looking great.  I'm sad to leave a lot of the really great people in our Branch soon, but we look forward to living in San Diego.  Yesterday our District was split into 3 so there are now 4 Districts in China.  Tim Stratford--one of the Old time Beijingers in the Church--bore his testimony and talked about how he knew his wife would've been right alongside the pioneers pushing the handcarts.  I looked at my friend behind me and busted up laughing because I just told her this week after watching 17 Miracles that I usually look at those pioneers like they are way above me, but lately I've felt like I'm right along side them.  I think I am a pretty strong person dealing with the load I've had over here, especially when Dan has been in School.  So that's my compliment to myself on my 32nd birthday, and I hope it doesn't come off conceited!  I'm just hoping I can plow through another 32 years like I've done this one.  Its like my best friend once said, "Good thing you're a battle ax.. . ."

2 comments:

Kerolann said...

Happy Birthday! I loved your post. Now Oliver and Tate can talk about their stitches and facial scars when we get together. I hope you enjoy your last few months in China--we are excited to see you when you move to SD.

Staci said...

ASh- hope you have a great birthday. In many ways I look up to you. I think your pioneer comment is true, you are just as strong! (and you used to even wear the Pioneer dresses (:)
I love you so much and I am glad you are my sister. I watched 17 miracles and thought I would wither and die or quit. Tate looks so cute and we can not wait to have you guys closer. Thanks for your example. Love ya.
Staci