"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)
Monday, January 9, 2012
Funny Day
I have more pics of Christmas, but I can't get them loaded--too slow. Dan is in Singapore. On Sat. February 4th Tate and I leave China maybe for good. That comes with some mixed nuts of emotions, but for now I'd like to focus on what we did today. Dan left for Singapore yesterday. We drove him to the airport after Church, so he didn't have to take a taxi, and I took the right exit home but with the traffic jam it still took 2 hours to get home. I was so nauseous from pollution and car exhaust that it made me feel a little better about leaving this place in a few weeks. Pollution was bad yesterday and today. Today Tate and I went back to preschool. That was great, and then we went to a nice Italian restaurant for lunch. But Tate insisted on going to "HIS" bakery so we had to make a stop there before the restaurant. He wanted a hot dog and these rolls I get him that have chocolate inside. He ate the hot dog and all six rolls. I'm not thinking about the carb overload until we get back into a routine in San Diego. Then we went to Jenny Lou's, and then I had to run an errand. I left Tate with our driver Jerry while I went inside and when I came back Jerry told me Tate went "popo." He said he took him inside to use the toilet but once Tate saw it he wouldn't use it ( I could've told him that Tate will not use the Chinese bathrooms because they are holes in the ground and you have to squat). So Jerry said Tate started saying he wanted to go home, but when they got back out to the parking lot he decide to go there. Tate's going to have to learn there is no doing that in parking lots back in the U.S.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If people can't take poopoo talk, they must not have kids. What a crazy adventure living there has been.
Ash, we are excited to see you in February. Have fun with the rest of your China adventures.
Can't believe you are so close to coming back! Tate has certainly had a unique experience there.
Post a Comment