"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bye Bye Bradford

 Brad at Anthony's with my parents--if any 19 year old knows fine dining its him.
 With all the grandkids at his setting apart.
 He and my Dad the day he left.
 At the airport. He got by with just one suitcase--under 35 lbs. and a carry on.


When I got to WA on February 4th I was told Brad would be there until April 18th because some FBI clearance hadn't come through so they couldn't get him into the MTC until a later date.  His original date was February 16th.  We worked all week at the farm and took it easy, I filled him with as many tips as I could about mission life, along with the rest of the family to which he always responded, "This isn't my first rodeo."  Brad served a 3 year mission with my parents while they were Mission Presidents in Hamburg, Germany.  Saturday afternoon February 11th at 4:30 pm the mail arrived, and he got his government clearance.  Mad rush to throw together a farewell for the next day, at which my dad and Brad spoke (totally nailed a 20 minute talk without crying) and Brad also sang a solo, "Oh That I Were an Angel."  Monday night we went for his setting apart, and Tuesday we took him to the airport.  It was great to get one week with him before he left, I would've been happy with more, but we are glad he is out and has his mission started.  He's already had an experience where he was able to share his testimony with a Germany speaking man in the airport on his way to L.A. to get an interview with the Bulgarian Consulate.  The pump is primed he is ready to go.

Bye bye Bradford we hate to see you go, 
Bye bye Bradford we will miss you so,
No more party
Its followed you away;
Things are dull Bradford
Till you're home to stay.
We'll miss the way you kid
And though the jokes on me
Each and every week
I'll right you faithfully

Bye bye Bradford
The Church has got you now
We'll try Bradford
To have fun some how.
No more put downs
Each time you move your lips
No more show downs
When you twist those hips
Your swivel and your sway
Your most excellent dance moves stay
There's nothing left to say
But Bradford you are away
Bye Bye Bradford 


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ashley, how exciting for you to see your little brother on a mission! Where are you guys now? Are you in the states?