"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Sunday, August 12, 2007

What do you do on a Saturday in Beijing


This Saturday we looked at plants to put into Dan's building. This guy seemed nice so I convinced Dan to give him a shot.













He gave me a free Turtle with a cactus in it.




For Dinner we met friends at our favorite Japanese restaurant Hatsune.


This is edamame or soy beans. You're supposed to pick them up with chopsticks and then with your teeth get the beans out of the pod from both sides. The first time I tried this we were with a group, and I put the whole bean into my mouth. The skins are one of those types that you can't chew down enough to swallow. Just thought I'd give you all this tip so you don't make the same mistake I did.




This is my favorite sushi roll and one of the only ones I will eat. The fish on this one is all cooked. It starts with a cream cheese crab mixture in the center, seaweed, rice and then its topped with tempura shrimp drizzled in sweet teriyaki sauce and sprinkled with sesame seeds.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

(Homer voice) Mmmmm...sushi roll...