"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

How to get Broccoli just right. . .

I always overcook my broccoli. This recipe from Cooking Light helped me get it right on the money last night. I didn't add the red pepper flakes or garlic and it was still great.

2 t. olive oil
1 small head of broccoli cut into bite size chunks
1/4 t. sea salt (or regular I'm really enyoing freshly ground sea salt lately for flavoring)
1/4 t. crushed red pepper
3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
1/4 c. water

Heat oil in pan on med-high heat. Add broccoli, salt, garlic and red pepper flakes. Saute 2 minutes. Add 1/4 c. water. Cover reduce heat to low and cook for 2 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.

It worked great!

No comments: