With my new goal to make 3 meals/week I've been trying out several recipes. Here are a few that have become favorites so far:
Crusted Fish: I got this recipe from my Mother-in-law who got it from Cooking Light. It is amazing. Great to cook for guests or for yourself. Pringles to coat the meat--why didn't we think of that before? Great flavor. This Christmas she made it with Frozen Swordfish fillets she got from Trader Joes. It was amazing. I use it with Talapia. Mahi Mahi or Red Snapper are also good choices, Halibut I hear doesn't work so well. I'm guessing it would also be great with chicken--although you may need to increase baking time. You should be able to get frozen fish fillets at Costco, packaged individually or Trader Joes. Definitely try this recipe out.
Ingredients:
1 C. tomatoes skinned and chopped
1 C. leeks or green onions sliced
1/2. c. green pepper chopped
4 cloves garlic minced
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
1/2 c. original Pringles chips crushed
1/2 t. paprika
1/4 t. cayenne
2 T. butter melted
1 T. scallions thinly sliced (optional)
Lemon wedges (optional)
Directions: Combine first four ingredients spread on baking sheet coated with olive oil. Mix together. Arrange: Fillets (4-6) on top of vegetables and season with salt and pepper to taste. Combine: Crumbs and next four ingredients. Toss with melted butter and pat on each fillet pressing into fish. Can also pat on bottom side of fish. Bake 20 minutes @ 450 until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle scallions on top and serve with lemons. I also serve with Angel hair pasta. Optional. The more vegetables you add the more sauce you will have for the pasta. This recipe also works with chicken that has been butterfly cut in half. Enjoy! This is a good one.
Cheese Fondue: I tried this out on Dan last night and thought it was pretty good. Serve with cut up pieces of French Bread or breadsticks.
1 c. milk
1/2 T. worchestire Sauce
1 t. Dry mustard
1 clove garlic
1 1/2 T. Flour
3 C. Cheddar Cheese
Cayenne pepper
Mash garlic, spread it around heated pan to get the flavor around and remove. Take pan off heat. Add milk, worchestire sauce, mustard, and 1 T. of the flour. Mix together. Put back on low heat and stir. If this mixture gets clumpy strain out clumps before adding cheese. Shred cheese and coat with 1/2 T. flour. This makes for good consistency. Add cheese to mixture and stir until melted. Add a dash of cayenne pepper. Use to dip cooked broccoli, bread or other fruits and veggies.
2 comments:
I am so sorry I have neglected your blog till now. We finally got ours going pretty steady. I love that you post your weight! It makes a fellow pregnant woman feel great to know her skinny cousin ash is also in the plus 160 group. That's awesome we are both having boys. Thanks for the recipes. Anything you say is good, I am willing to try. Our blog is brentandkashann.blogspot.com
-kashann
ha ha. Kashann the +160 is Dan not me. I'm currently at the 121-125 range, although that was at the peak of my sickness. I've come up since then, but I haven't decided if I want to post how much.
Post a Comment