"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Monday, March 3, 2008

Fiesta Fandango!


This weekend was our big Fiesta Fandango. It is a fundraiser for the youth in the branch to raise money for youth conference. This year they will go to Shanghai. Dan and I both work with the youth so we were busy all week getting ready. The leaders decided since this is probably our last year being in charge we would go all out and make our version of Cafe Rio salad. The night always has a Mexican theme. I will post all recipes, it was a big hit! I was even able to get the actual tins they use and bring them back when I went home for Thanksgiving. Since a lot of the moms out here have maids we had them make home made flour tortillas, which were awesome! We also had them help fry real corn tortilla chips to put on the tables and strips for the salad. Here is a picture of Dan with the YM's Presidency and the Priests doing a rendition of a song from the Son's of Provo soundtrack. I have never seen the movie, but the songs are pretty hilarious. The night consists of food, entertainment, and a live and silent auction. Everyone had a great time! 

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

The most important question is....can we get a close up of Dan's face? I'm interested to see what he has growing.

blindblogger said...

Just marker this time.

Jan said...

Yummers. Marker? That could work.

Anonymous said...

Senor Dan with the mustache. The food sounded great. Nice work...