"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Candy Contest

Dan and I loaded up our candy supply the other day. We like to have a couple bowls around the house for visitors. Since I am on this semi-no-sugar thing until the baby is born, I had a contest with Dan. Whoever could go the longest without taking one piece of candy was the winner. Yesterday I took a bag for the car ride with the kids I was babysitting. I watched them plow through snickers and dove bars without any temptation of my own. Then they got to a chinese brand, coconut flavored candy. I'm a sucker for coconut. I couldn't resist, I had to try one, and believe it or not it was actually good. I was slightly down about telling Dan I had lost the contest. I waited until lunch to tell him. Good news, he told me he took a snickers in the morning because he was going to go lift weights and he needed some energy! Yeah I won! I admire his honesty. Unfortunately, there was no wager on the contest.

No comments: