"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Monday, May 5, 2008

On a Positive Note. . . .

Dan and I went to KFC for lunch and then he invited me to come to the company's monthly birthday party. Once a month they get all the employees together (about 60), have a big birthday cake and a drawing to win certain items such as a rice cooker, wok, iced tea, and different things chinese people like. I feel bad I haven't gone sooner. I felt like all of the goodness in China was in that room. Most of the employees are tradesman, security people, and cleaners and come from humble circumstances. They get so excited to win prizes like a jar of cooking oil, or a package of snacks. It was fun to see their enthusiasm and reminded me that there are good, humble people here in China.

No comments: