"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Walk and Talk

We have a tradition in our family called the Walk and Talk. It started yesterday. Sometimes the guys in the family need a little encouragement to talk; the sounds and sights of our trail yesterday was just what they needed to get their souls rockin'. Tate didn't do any walking, but made up for it with his share of talking. He loves to talk.


Sight #1: Remember how I said there are rows of Hutong stores and people live behind the stores? In the midst of these stores are red doors, like below, with alleys leading into the Hutong homes. It's a trip walking through these. Old school homes, with Audi's and VW's parked outside.


Sight #2: Some fruits? In the Philippines the ladies come up with baskets on their heads and ask, "Some fruits Mom?" Everyone female is mom, everyone male, sir. This lady had Washington apples.This guy sold Chinese cantaloupe, which I've concluded is a cross between a watermelon and a cantaloupe. It's very good.Dragon fruit: looks like a dragon's spitfire, tastes like a kiwi.White carrot. I love this. Cut it in discs and boil it up in some tasty broth, then eat it with chopsticks. A Hong Kong fave.
Teachin' him early.What we came away with: "Wow Dad wasn't that great? Now we can go home and take a nice long nap."

2 comments:

Jan said...

I am glad to see that you can buy some decent veggies and some fruit. I guess we are so spoiled here in the TriCities. Abundance of those things. Love all the pictures and love your new furniture. Very Chic.

Christine Sandgren said...

It's hard to decide who's cuter, Dan or Tate. I like how Dan looks so serious in all these pictures. I guess it makes sense, since money is on the line.