Dan's family has a long-standing tradition of fondue dinner Christmas Eve night. We invited some people from our branch over to share in this tradition with us.
From left to counter-clock wise: 1. Su Wei--Chinese born American. Favorite house guest. 2. Dean Slawson--General Manager Microsoft China. 3. Jay Gordet--He works here. Has Tawainese wife and daughter who were in Shanghai for Christmas visiting family. 4. Me. 5. Keiry Kakka--New Zealand National who teaches at a University. 6. Rici Johnson--Branch President and Boeing pilot. Here to train Chinese pilots how to fly. 7. Deewyn Johnson--Decorator and Branch President's wife. 8. Talie: Fijian who is here learning Chinese so she can go back to her job at the Fiji airport working in immigration.
Our company made for great conversation and a great time. We had cheese fondue with broccoli, shrimp, french bread, and chicken. Also Chocolate fondue with strawberries, bananas, doughnut holes, pineapple, kiwi and apples. Everyone contributed and we had a lovely time.
The Johnson's shared with us their Christmas Eve tradition of eating Chinese take out on the floor. We're going to have to do that for New Year's Eve or something fun like that.
After the guests left Dan very much enjoyed playing Santa Clause.
Tate scored two gifts this year.
Contrary to Dan's taste, I like to give pictures titles. We have one from the Philipines that I've titled "Dark Sails." I've called this one, "Visions of Sugar Plums," because this is Tate on Christmas Eve night.
For those of you curious, here is "Dark Sails."

Christmas Day we spent at our favorite restaurant Hatsune, while Tate stayed home with his babysitter Eileen. Then we went to Ya Show market for some fun.
As a side note, the last two days our apartment has smelled like rotten something. It was coming from the kitchen so in trying to find out what it was I ran the dishwasher twice, took out the garbage several times, did all of my laundry, and cleaned out the fridge. Last night Dan was getting a midnight snack (although our midnight is more like 8:00 pm), and I was trying so hard to find the smell. In doing so I opened the oven and found the broccoli and twice baked potatoes from our dinner Christmas Eve night. I had put them back in to stay warm and in the cleanup forgot about them. That was pretty gross.
5 comments:
I am so glad you are doing this again--we all love seeing what you are up to. I like the pictures and the titles.
Okay, you have really got something going here with your posts...I love the writing and the photos and just everything. It's so fun to read your blog! Your Christmas Eve party looks fantastic and I loved the post about Dan's birthday. You are such a good wife to make his favorite food for him. Tate is so cute. I really want to hold him everytime I see a picture of him. He looks just like your baby pictures, only he's definitely a boy.
Who took this picture? It's amazing.
Whoever it was I wish they could follow us to Phuket next month to take some photos there.
Okay, LOVE Dark Sails. Really stunning photo. Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. We ended up doing our fondue on New Years Eve. We didn't love the cheese fondue I made but the chocolate was of course fabulous. I had kiwi, pineapple, bananas, pound cake and rice krispie treats. I think maybe next time we'll just do the dessert fondue unless you've got a really good cheese fondue.
Post a Comment