Tate and I have been having a great time in WA. Tate has been able to spend a lot of time with cousins which is good for his development. Today he finally responded to me when I asked, "How old are you?" I know he could do it earlier, but he finally made up his mind to answer back. He's used to people asking him that question in Chinese so when people have asked here he just stares at them or walks away, but didn't know how to respond. He also looked at me today and said, "Chicago." Dan started his first week of EMBA classes through the University of Chicago in Chicago, so Tate must have heard me say it. He is extremely excited to pick Dan up at the airport tomorrow. He loves jumping on the trampoline and being outside. Almost every morning we've been here he says, "I want ice cream." He knows where all of the treat stashes are. A couple days ago I came downstairs in the morning at my sisters, and he was eating some chocolate he had found and opened. He looked at me and said, "I like it. I like it chocolate." He's couting to ten pretty well in both Chinese and English, and he's excited to go back on the airplane to China. It will be hard to take a growing boy out of an environment where he can run and play outside, but, we feel good about being there for the next two years and that it is the right thing for Dan to get this MBA. We feel very blessed to have the opportunity to live there for two more years. We know when we do the right thing we are blessed, and life is about the experience which we surely are having in China.
Cheers.
3 comments:
Sounds like you guys had an awesome trip. Wish we could have finished out those 2 years in China with you.
Hey Ash....we are so sad you are gone! It was sooooo fun for the kids to see and play with Tate. We went out to the farm for your Mom's birthday and the first thing Ty said as we were walking through the door is "Where's Tate?" And he hasn't put down his lightening McQueen car since you left either, he even sleeps with it. I heard Tate wanted a ball when you left....I guess they rubbed off on eachother!
Sounds like you had a fun trip! I'm excited for Dan! Great opportunity!
Post a Comment