"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'm Getting Sharp

 We tell Tate after he is ready for Church with his hair fixed that he looks sharp.  Sunday I called out to him and Dan and said, "It's time to go!"  Tate called back, "I'm getting sharp."  He stands on our toilet and requests a little bit of each one of Dan's hair gels + hair spray.  Then he's good to go.  "Now the purple one, now the blue one, hairspray Daddy hairspray."

 Tate is Mr. Fix.  Last week we had the screw driver out for a few things, but once he sees it he takes it and won't let me touch it.  I have to wait until he is finished and moves on to something else before I can have it back.  I ask for it back and he says, "No let me try it, let me try it, I want to try it."


As for other news for V-day I made fondue dinner.  I don't say this to brag but more out of total shock--the dinner actually turned out.  We invited a Divorcee from the Branch, and he asked if he could bring a date.  Of course, we said yes but it put a little more pressure on me to make it nice.  I didn't have much time to find recipes etc.  I cooked 4 chicken breasts in the crock pot with butter, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning--that turned out.  I skinned potatoes, cubed them added rosemary, salt and pepper and olive oil and baked them on 200 c 400 f for 40 minutes covered in foil--that turned out.  Everything else was non-experimental but I was just shocked it turned out because usually when I try something new it takes a while to get it down.  I had no time for experimentation and surprisingly it turned out!

Dan left me a note on the computer listing the items he appreciated about me.  I will save that and read it through the year because he will admit giving complements doesn't come easily to him. 

Valentine Fact: Dan is the only Valentine I've ever had.  I never dated anyone during a Valentine's Day and      met him the weekend after Valentine's Day in 2003.  By Valentine's Day the next year we were married.

1 comment:

Alyse and Bob said...

Love the pictures of Tate getting sharp. He looks so cute in his church clothes!