Last weekend I attended Hong Kong's Women's Conference and refilled my well. Straight off the plane I made my way to No. 2 Cornwall Street to attend the Temple. I have walked countless times from the Kowloon Tong MTR stop to the Temple, but this was the first by myself. Let's just say walking that path again felt great. The minute I walked inside I felt peace and knew that Heavenly Father is guiding my life. This picture was taken from Festival Walk, the mall close to the temple.

The theme of our conference was "Live Like You Believe." Here I am with Amy Carlson, Katie Hoskin, and Chalese Hall. They are all in my Branch in Beijing.

Chalese, Nicole Woo and I went out for some Cha Siu Pork after the classes Friday night. Nicole Woo was my roomie. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Causeway Bay. The Church has a 20+ building in Wan Chai and our Hotel was very close. It was a lot of fun getting to know Nicole more. She and her husband Patrick have lived in the Branch since 2007. Thursday night Chalese and Amy were tired, but I was hungry. So Nicole and I went walking around Times Square to find something to eat. We passed a cinema and bought tickets to "The King's Speech." We didn't get back until after midnight. The movie was great, and it was fun to be in a theater, eat popcorn, and not worry about getting home to the kids.

After our Cha Siu dinner we went and got the waffles that I downed when I was a missionary. It is a waffle with butter, peanut butter, sweet and condensed milk and coconut. They spread it all up and fold it together like a sandwich. That brought back some great memories for me!

Then Nicole went back to rest and Chalese and I went to another Temple session. This is us outside the Hong Kong Temple by the water wall. I saw a few Hong Kong people from my mission. One lady who's sister-in-law was my investigator.

Saturday after the conference we went to lunch at my favorite restaurant Nomad's with Debby Dickens our former Branch President's wife. They currently live in Mumbai, India. It was so good to catch up with Debby. She was one of the matriarch's here in Beijing for 8 years. Now she's left the ministering to us spring chickens, while she's moved on to tougher challenges in Mumbai. Their Branch consists of 30 members half expatriates and half local East Indians.
On our way back to the MTR after lunch we passed this Hands statue I insisted we get a picture. I can't say how many times and with how many companions I got a picture underneath this statue. Now I have one with two other women I look up to and love: Debby and Nicole.
3 comments:
It looks like you had a wonderful time. I just have to say you look beautiful Ash. Your hair is getting so long. I can't wait to hear more about it.
What adventures you have!
Ashley,
Great memories! I just got back from Hong Kong this week (april 11) and we passed through Beijing. I thought about contacting you before our trip, but in all reality, I didn't think it would be possible to meet up - security and early AM....Anyway, I went back through my missionary albums and had such great memories....lots with you as a companion. Hope you are well!
Post a Comment